If you're driving around Clackamas and your check engine light comes on, it can be a scary and confusing experience. But don't worry – the auto repair experts at Tim's Automotive Repair and Sales have got you covered. Our team of certified technicians has the knowledge and experience to quickly diagnose and repair any issue that may be causing your check engine light to come on.
The check engine light is a warning system that lets you know when there's a problem with your vehicle's ignition or emissions system. It can be caused by many issues, from a loose gas cap to a faulty oxygen sensor. Some common reasons for the check engine light to come on include the following:
- Broken Oxygen Sensor: The oxygen sensor monitors the amount of oxygen in the exhaust system and sends a signal to the engine control module. A faulty sensor can cause the engine to run poorly and increase emissions.
- Faulty Mass Air Flow Sensor: The mass air flow sensor measures the amount of air entering the engine. A faulty sensor can cause the engine to run poorly and increase emissions.
- Worn Spark Plugs or Ignition Coils: Spark plugs and ignition coils are responsible for providing the spark that ignites the fuel in the engine. If either component is faulty, it can cause the engine to misfire, which can trigger the check engine light.
- Failing Catalytic Converter: The catalytic converter is responsible for reducing emissions. A faulty converter can cause the check engine light to come on and can also cause the engine to run inefficiently.
- Bad Gas Cap: A loose, missing, or damaged gas cap can cause the check engine light to come on because it can cause the fuel system to be pressurized and/or leak.
These are the most common reasons for a check engine light to come on, but there can be other causes as well. It's essential to have a professional diagnose and repair the issue to ensure the proper functioning of the vehicle. At Tim's Automotive Repair and Sales, our team of certified technicians will use state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to identify check engine light problems quickly.
So if you're in the Clackamas area and your check engine light comes on, don't hesitate to call or visit Tim’s Automotive Repair and Sales ASAP. We'll have you back on the road in no time!